Grilled red pepper houmous recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
- Roasted vegetables
- Roast peppers
This vibrant and creamy red pepper houmous is a fabulous crowd pleaser and great for parties or as a starter. Serve with some crunchy fresh vegetables or some crisps.
Hertfordshire, England, UK
2 people made this
- 1 red pepper
- 150g chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 dash chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:15min
- Quarter and de-seed the pepper. Grill, skin side up, until beginning to char a little and softened. Cool and dice.
- Thoroughly mash the chickpeas with the oil and garlic using an electric blender or hand blender. Add the grilled red peppers, chilli, paprika and pepper and blend again until smooth. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water to loosen the mixture a little as necessary to make a soft dip.
- Check seasoning, adding salt as necessary, and spoon into a serving dish.
Try serving each portion with 25g each raw carrot and celery batons.